Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hyperbole and a Half



OVERVIEW:

This is a book I wrote. Because I wrote it, I had to figure out what to put on the back cover to explain what it is. I tried to write a long, third-person summary that would imply how great the book is and also sound vaguely authoritative--like maybe someone who isn't me wrote it--but I soon discovered that I’m not sneaky enough to pull it off convincingly. So I decided to just make a list of things that are in the book:

Pictures
Words
Stories about things that happened to me
Stories about things that happened to other people because of me
Eight billion dollars*
Stories about dogs
The secret to eternal happiness*

REVIEW:

Hyperbole and a half is from the award winning blog of Allie Brosh. I enjoyed it immensely and this is a laugh out loud book. There are a lot of stories about her dog and how she thinks that her dog is retarded, then she conducted a dog IQ test so she would know whether or not there’s something wrong with her dog’s brain... There are also a lot of pictures like a comic book, I think this book is soooo random and most of the things that are written don’t make any sense. But hey! Not everything should make sense right?!

There are a lot of stories about how she got depressed for no reason, and I totally connected with that story. So maybe I’m weird too! Well weird is good! J When you read the book, there are a lot stories about her dogs and their adventures and their weirdness. Stories about when she was young and when she believed that time travel are possible so that she can talk to her future self. The story about being and adult and doing “adult things”, like paying the bills, groceries, and showering? Is like the story of my life! I’m getting there... Getting the ropes and tricks on how to be an adult! But being an adult is no fun!! Lol don’t even ask for my age... But I’m in my mid-twenties so yeah! I’m still a teen? Haha Great book!!
RATING:

4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment